- all conventional wells (wells that require shut in)
- as a quick fall plunger, through the use of orifices (on wells that require little shut in time)
- wear ring indicators, thus eliminating calliper measurements to determine wear
- “auto-catch” indent grooves to assist in successful auto-catch operations
- as a clean out tool on wells that produce sand, wax, etc.
- 17.4 double heat treat stainless
- grade 4 titanium
- grade 5 titanium
- custom sizing available
- standard length is 252mm
Designed to fall at high speeds, similar to a PaceMaker, but does not require as much flow time at surface to separate a secondary piece. This tool is designed as an intermediate step between PaceMaker candidate wells and Conventional Plunger candidiate wells. The Rapid Drop Plunger requires no additional equipment on surface to adapt the well for this application and can run in wells with existing subsurface equipment. These plungers are built with heat treated steel. It is recommended that the Bottom Hole Spring have a spring rate of at least 300lbs per inch to handle dry landings.